How can I save money on my commute to work?
For most people, driving to work is a part of life. When you’re trying to get from point A to point B efficiency is important. Before you hit the road, check out some tips that can help save on fuel costs for your commute:
- Try a corporate ridesharing program, like Commute with Enterprise and share the cost of riding to work.
- Try to fill up on Mondays and Fridays
- If you can, skip the premium gas option
- Pay with cash instead of card to reduce fees at the pump where applicable
- Join available rewards programs with fuel partners
- Check your tire pressure
- Accelerate slower and leverage cruise control to keep consistent speeds where applicable
- Remove unnecessary cargo from your vehicle
- Ensure your gas cap is secured tightly
- Be mindful of heat and air conditioning usage and reduce fan speed when necessary
- Reduce idle time in your vehicle when not commuting
Looking for more ways to save on your commute? Visit Commute with Enterprise