This policy was last updated on January 21, 2021.
Your interaction with Commute with Enterprise is dependent upon your relationship with us and some of the information listed below will only apply to those individuals in a Driver or Coordinator role.
Information We Collect from You
You may provide us with certain information in connection with a transaction or in your interactions with our websites and at our locations.
CONTACT INFORMATION, including:
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Employer name
- Participant ID
Driver Qualifications, including:
- Driver’s license information, including:
- Issuing authority
- Date of birth
- Expiration date
- Proof of active military status
- Change of driver approval status
Vanpool Information, including:
- Route- Start, additional stops along the route, and end location
- Work hours
- Roster of members of your vanpool
- Vehicle information
- Employer information
- Aggregated trip data
- Detailed trip data (days and miles traveled)
- Fuel consumption
- Accident reports or details
- Public complaints about vanpool operation
- Vanpool ID
Payment Information including:
- Your credit card details
- Online user account details
Health Information, including:
- Information about relevant health conditions you have that assist us in providing you with adaptive driving devices
Device Information, including:
- Unique device identifiers
- IP address
- Operating system
Optional Information, including:
- Emergency contact information
- Marketing preferences
- Any preferences or special requirements you may have
- Information you provide in the course of participating in surveys or promotional offers
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Information We Collect from Third Parties
Third parties provide us with additional information about you, including:
- Referral Sources and your employer (general contact information);
- Where applicable, our Rider Referral programs;
- Third party service provider of motor vehicle records for driver applicants for insurance purposes;
- Service Providers, such as customer support (customer service-related information and enquiries made by you), customer survey providers (your response to our customer service surveys) and marketing providers (information to assist us to better communicate our products and services); and
- When a fuel card is provided to you, the service provider will send us information regarding purchases made on the card
- With your consent, we will access and share location-based information or collect location markers from your mobile device while using our application. We will use this information to provide you with notifications related to our locations, return information, local offers, roadside assistance, or other information that we think will be helpful in providing you with better services. We do not use this information to specifically locate you for any reason other than to provide you the service.
Vehicle Operation and Location Data
Our vehicles may be equipped with technology that collects
and transmits data from your rental vehicle. This may include information
collected from event data recorders, global positioning devices, OnStar®
systems, or any other similar technology. When installed and where permissible, this technology will enable us to collect and use information such as:
- location information;
- collision information; and
- vehicle operation information, such as operational condition, mileage, tire pressure and fuel status, and other diagnostic and performance information.
If you pair your mobile device with the rental vehicle’s satellite navigation or infotainment systems, your personal information may be transferred to and stored on these systems. We cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of such information and it is your responsibility to wipe your personal information from these systems before returning the vehicle. Otherwise, the next users of the vehicle will be able to access this information.
Vehicle Data will be shared with emergency service providers, others who assist in responding to an accident, telematics service operators or those with whom we have a legal or contractual obligation to provide such data.
Our websites and online marketing are not directed to, and Commute with Enterprise does not knowingly collect personal information from, children under the age of 18. If you nevertheless believe that your child has provided us with their personal information and you need to let us know to delete it, please contact us using the contact information listed below.
How We Use Information About You
We use the information we collect from you or about you to provide you with our services and for the following purposes:
- Where it is necessary for the performance of a contract which governs the services we provide to you, including
- To assist with the transactions that you request, such as renting a motor vehicle.
- To create your Commute with Enterprise account on the Commute with Enterprise website.
- To provide customer service related to your interactions with us or to respond to your inquiry.
- Where necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, including
- To share information about your vehicle's location with emergency services in the event that you are involved in a road accident.
- To share information with government and regulatory authorities when required by law or in response to legal process, obligation, or request.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests, including
- To communicate important information about your rental. These communications are transactional in nature and include password resets, driver approvals, payment confirmations and vehicle maintenance needs. These will be sent to you via email or SMS.
- To assist us in providing better products and services: for example, to evaluate the performance of our staff, to assess the quality of products and services received and to help us improve our websites, facilities and services.
- To compile statistics and analysis about our customers’ use of our websites, products, and services. These statistics are used to enable us to provide better customer service, products, features, and functionality to you and other customers in the future, and in aggregate to provide reporting that may be used for industry, government, or sustainability reporting.
- To develop a profile of you and your interactions with us so that we can provide tailored offers, opportunities and services that may be of interest to you.
- To protect our legal rights and manage the security of our networks and property. For example, we will use CCTV to ensure the security of our premises.
- For loss prevention, we maintain a record of individuals whose past interactions with us indicate they may present a non-payment or safety rise.
- To use and share your information with third parties in order to prevent fraud and protect our business interests and rights, privacy, safety and property, or that of the public. We will do this to collect unpaid bills, to avoid liability for penalties you incur (e.g. traffic citations) and for claims processing purposes.
- To use and share your information with third parties in order to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit damage that we may sustain and to enforce the terms of any rental agreement or our websites' terms and conditions.
- To use and share your information with a third-party service provider of motor vehicle records for insurance purposes.
- In order to process payments.
- To collect and aggregate trip recording data as required by your program administrator for reporting to NTD or your employer partner.
- To comply with requirements imposed by a transit agency, public entity, or employer that is providing a subsidy for your vanpool.
- To enable us to use vehicle data systems for purposes listed in the Vehicle Data section above.
- To de-identify or aggregate personal information collected about you and use it for any lawful purpose.
- Where you have given consent, including
- To assist us in providing you with the most appropriate vehicles, such as those with adaptive driving devices. In some cases, this will require us to infer or explicitly collect information about your health or physical condition.
- To send you certain promotional or targeted marketing communications, opportunities and services that may be of interest to you. These will include invitations to join our loyalty programs, upgrade announcements, electronic newsletters and communications regarding an incomplete online membership form or reservation. Some of these offers will be received in advertising on non-Enterprise sites, including on social media.
- To send you emails or push notifications in our mobile application in order to provide you with additional optional information related to your transaction (e.g., payment reminders, trip recording reminders and maintenance reminders).
- To use and share your location to dispatch roadside assistance.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We retain your personal information for as long as we need to fulfill our business purposes, as set out below:
- Rental transactions: We keep the data associated to your rental agreement for up to 7 years from the date of the rental, subject to other local legal requirements. We keep records of payments you have made for 2 years from the date of the transaction (depending on the location of the rental).
- Marketing purposes: We keep data linked to cookies and other online identifiers up to three years. We keep other marketing information, such as email subscription and loyalty enrollment data for up to 7 years after your last interaction with us.
- Claims: We keep the data associated to claims involving our renters or other individuals for the life of the claim and up to ten years from conclusion of our obligation, subject to other legal requirements.
- Customer service-related queries: We keep general queries for 3 years, unless you make a complaint, in which case, we keep complaints data for 7 years.
- Disputes & law enforcement: If we are involved in litigation or a governmental or regulatory investigation, then we keep data throughout the period of litigation or investigation and for 5 years after that. If a settlement means that we have to keep data for longer, then we keep data for the period required to administer the settlement. If we provide data to law enforcement agencies, then we keep a record of this for one year beyond the end of the investigation.
Who We Share Information With
We may share your contact information, driver qualifications, vanpool, payment, device, and optional information with the following third parties in order to seamlessly provide you with the services requested.
Our Service Providers and Business Partners
We will share your information with third parties, such as:
- Payment, administrative and technical support providers or other customers or partners to facilitate your transaction;
- Companies who conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys on our behalf;
- Communication providers which send email and other marketing and service-related communications to you on our behalf;
- Customer support providers, such as the provider of our live chat feature, in order to provide you customer service;
- Debt collection providers;
- Insurance companies and claims processors;
- Our advertising and marketing partners and third-party media properties, including social media sites, with whom we share aggregated or de-identified information about our customers, to allow them to send targeted advertising messages on our behalf, to analyze, enhance and manage our data, conduct mobile analytics services and to maintain and improve our services (subject to confidentiality agreements as appropriate); and
- Your employer, with whom we share aggregated data about your vanpool, to allow them to provide and use statistics related to the vanpool program on your campus.
Your personal information may also be shared with (1) government authorities as outlined above, (2) Transit Agencies and public entities with whom we share aggregated data and trip recording data about your vanpool to allow them to provide and use statistics related to the vanpool program in your market, (3) transit agencies and public entities as required for payment of a subsidy on your behalf, and (4) State and Federal Departments of Transportation, with whom we share aggregated data and trip recording data about your vanpool to allow them to provide and use statistics related to the National Transit Database.
Your Employer and Others in Your Vanpool
We may share information about your vanpool and your use of vanpool back to your employer to help facilitate program and sustainability reporting. The vanpool coordinator will also have access to this information. The drivers and other riders in your vanpool may have access to your contact information in order to notify you of any changes in your van’s schedule.
Sale, Merger or Change in Control
Your information may also be transferred to another company in the event of a transfer, change of ownership, reorganization or assignment of all or part of Enterprise Holdings' businesses or assets. This will occur if the parties have entered into an agreement under which the collection, use and disclosure of the information is limited to those purposes of the business transaction, including a determination whether or not to proceed with the business transaction. You will be notified via email or prominent notice on our websites for thirty (30) days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information or as otherwise may be required or permitted by law.
We may post customer testimonials on our websites which may contain personal information. We use a third-party provider to manage this process. This provider is responsible for obtaining your consent as necessary, removing content upon your request and answering any questions you may have.
Selling Your Information
Enterprise does not sell your personal information to third-parties. While we do not sell your data, under Nevada law residents still may submit a request to not have their data sold. You can exercise these rights by accessing our Global Privacy Portal on the Contact Us page, selecting General Privacy Inquiry from the Issue type drop down menu, and typing “NV opt-out” in the comment box.
While we do not sell your data, as is common with companies with an online presence, some of our advertising uses information collected by businesses from our digital properties, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing, and how you interact with our properties and ads, in order to provide you with relevant ads across the Internet and for other analytics purposes. These companies may sell that information to other businesses for advertising and other purposes.
Under the California Consumer Protection Act, California residents have the right to opt out from sales of their personal information. California residents can exercise that right by visiting www.privacyrights.info or www.optout.privacyrights.info, to opt out from sales of this type of personal information by businesses that participate in the opt out tool.
Under the California Consumer Protection Act, California residents have certain rights with respect to personal information about them we have collected. If you are a California resident, you may exercise the following rights regarding your personal information, subject to certain exceptions and limitations:
- Right to access the personal information we have collected about you and learn how we collect this information, our purpose in collecting it, and the types of parties we may have disclosed it to;
- Right to delete the personal information we have collected from you; and
- Right to opt-out of our sale(s) of your personal information, if applicable.
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of [the relevant] privacy rights conferred by the CCPA
Exercising Your Rights
You may exercise any applicable rights described above by accessing our Global Privacy Portal on our Contact Us page.
We may require additional information from you to verify your identity and residence before we can process your request. We also reserve the right not to restrict access to your information or to limit your rights (e.g., if such disclosure is prohibited by law or if the rights of another individual might be violated). In some instances, this may mean that we are able to retain your personal information even if you withdraw your consent.
California residents may designate an authorized agent to make a CCPA request on your behalf by completing and signing the form available here.
You will be able to opt out of direct marketing communications from Commute with Enterprise and our Subsidiaries by following the instructions in each communication you receive. You may also contact us directly using the link at the top of this page.
You can opt out of display ads you see on non-Enterprise sites by clicking on ad choices icon in the ad or through the privacy settings on the site.
Changes to These Policies
If you wish to contact us, you can submit an inquiry to us on our Global Privacy Portal.