CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE FROM COMMUTE WITH ENTERPRISE
With continued news around coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to share the steps we are taking to protect all customers and employees.
We are carefully monitoring the situation around the clock and following guidance from the World Health Organization and other health authorities.
Vanpool coordinators are responsible for facilitating the maintenance and cleaning of their vehicles, and we’ve communicated the following recommendations to all coordinators:
· Use this as an opportunity to reinforce good cleaning practices. This would include frequently cleaning and wiping down the interior of the vanpool vehicle with disinfectant cleaner, including dashboard, instrument panel, steering column/wheel, accessory panel, center console, cup holders, door handles, compartments, seats, between console and seats, between doorjambs and seats, door and door pockets, etc.
Personal Best Practices
Health officials are urging the same personal best practices that are standard for a typical flu season. Drivers and riders are encouraged to keep the following top of mind:
· Stay home if you are sick, get plenty of rest and avoid others who are sick. Vanpool coordinators or participants who are feeling ill and exhibiting symptoms of a viral infection, including fever, cough or difficulty breathing, should not ride in a vanpool until symptom free without aid of medicines.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
· Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
· Maintain at least 3 feet/1 meter distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, especially if someone is ill.
If your vanpool is missing riders or if the van needs to be parked for some extended time due to a campus shut down or restrictions on work, we’ve asked your vanpool coordinator to contact us so we can work together on potential options.
Employee wellbeing is also a top priority. We’re encouraging team members to follow health authority best practices like frequent hand washing, as well as asking them to stay home if they are feeling ill.
We will continue to closely monitor this global health situation and are committed to keeping you updated. If you have further questions on this topic, please do not hesitate to contact your vanpool coordinator directly, your local Commute team or call 1-800-Van 4 Work, Option 1.
Thank you for choosing Enterprise. Now more than ever, we are reminded of the importance of serving our customers. We look forward to seeing you again soon.