Vehicle & Vanpool Care
It’s your Commute, and you make the rules. Pledge to keeping your fellow riders—your van-family—comfortable and safe! Take turns keeping your Commuter vehicle clean. We’ll even get you started with the disinfectant wipes, located in your vanpool welcome kit.
An Accident Preparedness Kit should be kept in your glove box. It includes documents that will help you collect the information required to file an accident claim. Call 800 VAN 4 WORK, Option 4.2 to report an accident.
- Accident/Damage Report (2 copies)
- Passenger Accident Report (10 copies)
REMEMBER to report accidents or vehicle damage within 24 hours to help control the cost of your Commute.
How it works:
- If your accident is blocking the flow of traffic, call 911. If possible, stay inside the vehicle until emergency personnel arrives.
- If your accident is minor, first move to a safe location, then complete the Accident/Damage Report. Send your completed forms to your local Enterprise team.
- If your accident requires roadside assistance, call 800 VAN 4 WORK, Option 4.1. The roadside team will help arrange alternative transportation for your passengers.
Check your Vehicle Condition Checklist (VCC) to review the coverage levels included in your contract. The VCC will outline liability coverage limits as well as Uninsured and Underinsured coverage. Review the terms of your contract to understand when limits apply and any exclusions.
REMEMBER to keep your insurance card in the glove box for quick, easy access.
We have partnerships with many maintenance providers to help keep your vehicle running smoothly. Simply contact your local account team to find a vendor that’s both convenient and on the preferred list.
- Check your inbox. We'll send you an email two weeks before scheduled maintenance is due, reminding you to book an appointment.
- Make an appointment. Once you select a vendor from the preferred list, schedule an appointment for regular maintenance.
- Present your key tag. Upon arrival, present the key tag you received in your Welcome Kit. The tag provides instructions for the vendor to get the work authorized.
Our National Service Department is available to provide approvals during normal hours of operation, including:
- Monday - Friday: 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM CST
- Saturday: 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM CST
- Closed Sundays, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day
We provide roadside assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply call 800 VAN 4 WORK, Option 4.1. The roadside team will request:
- Coordinator’s name
- Vanpool ID
- Location of breakdown
- Vehicle license plate or VIN
- Number of passengers
- Your destination
For your convenience, we’ve affixed a cling on your windshield that displays your vehicle’s vanpool ID and Enterprise unit number.
In the event your vehicle is not operable, the roadside team will help you find transportation to work or home. If a replacement vehicle is needed, your local Enterprise team will contact you to provide a loaner.
For service to be provided, a participant must be present with the vehicle keys. If you need to leave the vehicle and call Roadside Assistance, take the following for reference:
- Vehicle registration
- Photo of the VIN
- Photo of the license plate
Make sure each driver has contact information for all participants, so he/she can notify them if this situation occurs.
Your Commute vehicle is likely taller and heavier than your personal car, so it may drive differently. Watch a short video with your vanpool’s authorized drivers to familiarize yourselves with the best practices.
We have a wide range of recent-model SUVs, crossovers and vans to meet your group’s size and budget needs. If you’re interested in additional features or in upsizing or downsizing, contact your local account team to review your options.
We cycle our vehicles regularly based on mileage. When it’s time to replace your Commute vehicle, your local account team will set up a time for the exchange. Make sure the switch goes smoothly by following these simple steps:
- Let your vanpool group know about the change, and make sure everyone collects their personal belongings
- Return your Commute vehicle with the same amount of gas it had when you received it – find the gallons on your VCC
- Allow extra time to get familiar with your new vehicle